Wednesday, March 26, 2008

welcome, my son, welcome to the machine

Could you go one week without surfing the internet, checking your email, watching television or using your cell phone?

What do you think would happen if you did?

While I was away in Arizona, I noticed how much happier and at peace I felt without my daily diet of TV, internet, email, myspace, blogging, etc.

There are times when I feel the urge to unplug from technology as a whole. And when I do, I notice I feel more serene and settled and less anxious. I also notice that I fill in the time I would normally be on the computer with (what feels to me) more productive things. I read more. I play outside more. I breath more. I smile more. And my body feels better because I'm not hunched over my desk, chin in hand, reading blogs, emails or gossip.

Just something I've been thinking about lately ...


3 Comments:

At 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been on the computer a lot less lately since I'm not working right now. And I find that I'm a lot more creative. It's a cool feeling.

Of course, it could just be the boredom!

 
At 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would go mad, mad I tells ya!
(although i don't have a cell phone, and lived over half my life without any of those things except t.v.... but being forced to interact with actual people , it makes me feel all oogy!)

 
At 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, happiness is inversely proportional to the amount of time I spend surfing the internet.

And cable tv is a life-sucker.

And it can be frustrating to try to have a conversation with someone who can't be away from their cell phone.

All anybody really needs is a house on a beach. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home