Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven

Spring is here! I cannot recall a time when I have so eagerly anticipated Spring's arrival. Spring brings with it the promise of joy, of laughter, of happiness and of new beginnings. There is an excitement and energy in the air. The trees are coming alive. Birds are singing. Spring is here.

What are you most looking forward to this Spring?

What symbolizes, for you, that Spring is finally here? Birds singing? Buds on the trees? Warmer days?

Do you have a garden? What do you grow?

Happy Spring to all. Much love, Punky.

4 Comments:

At 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) just being outside - playing with my dogs, seeing nice sunsets, going for walks - tons of stuff.

2) warmer days, longer days, birds singing, and just the feeling that winter is over.

3) I grow grass...about 3/4 acres of it.

 
At 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to it actually happening, which won't be for another month or so where I live. Next year around this time I'll be looking forward to my husband actually GRADUATING.

So many things say spring. Snowdrops, daffodils, budding trees, the birds showing up and singing. Where my classes are in the syllabus and the demand for book orders for Fall.

I have a garden. Several, actually. One is for wildflowers, a number are for combinations of bulbs and perennials, one is for various berry bushes and one is for veggies & herbs (I also have two sets of potted veggies & herbs that the gophers can't get at.) I've ordered tomatoes and basil and green pepper plants already. And I plan to plant a syringa and another rosebush and some forsythia later in the year. Also maybe a ginko, but I'm not sure about that yet.

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Higgy said...

I'm looking forward to airing the house out, watching the garden grow and playing with Owen on the grass.

It sinks in when I have to turn my sprinklers on - the fact that the rainy season has ended for me!

We have flowers all through the yard - but no "garden" as is.

 
At 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What symbolizes, for you, that Spring is finally here? Birds singing? Buds on the trees? Warmer days?

Yes, all of the above. Crocuses and tulips and the like too.

We live in an apartment, so no garden.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home