Thursday, September 20, 2007

there's so much left to know, and I'm on the road to find out ...

There is a deep sense of calm to my life right now, and yet, underneath the calm I feel a storm of change and transformation abrewin'. Some of the things that fit so well only a year ago now seem to no longer belong to me or to fit, as though I am outgrowing parts of my life. It is as though my experience on Outward Bound opened up for me a world of possibilities and now I can't rest until I pursue some of them. So now I find myself asking questions. Lots and lots of questions.

What makes me happy?

What am I passionate about?

What would I do for a career if money were not an issue?

What am I afraid to do? And why?

I know that many of my readers no longer check this page, but if you do, I invite you to share your thoughts. Maybe ask yourself the questions above and share your answers if you feel so inclined. I know I'd love to read your responses.

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHEEEE! DO IT! DOOOO IIIIIT! :)

Ooh, questions! Tam'ra likey!

What makes me happy?
BABIES!

What am I passionate about?
Intelligence, justice, creativity, kindness, purity, truth, pride.

What would I do for a career if money were not an issue?
I really like what I'm doing now. Really, really like it! Though, ideally, I'd like something involving more of my passions. I'd say I'd like to write books, but right now that would be about money, so doesn't qualify.
Okay, this is a hard question, even though it is something I often think about.

What am I afraid to do? And why?
EVERYTHING!
Partly because the ANEMIA (more sympathy, please) is causing me to feel anxiety without reason.
But also because I am not yet able to shake that desire to Be In Control.
I'm terrified of speaking in public, but that's because I know I'm bad at it (especially lately, with the ANEMIA affecting my concentration). Have been thinking lately that I'd like to remedy that someday. But with something less pansyish than Toastmasters.

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger Higgy said...

Punky - asking questions is business as usual. I think when we STOP asking questions, we stagnate - and no-one wants that.

Which is not to say your life HAS to be chaos and constant change. There's a balance to be found inbetween there.

Happy - family, friends, laughter, watching NFL football, lots of things really. Happiness can be found almost anywhere and with anything.

Passionate - fewer things - such as justice, order, health and wellbeing, etc. A fine line between passionate and fanatic - have to be careful to stay on the right side of it.

Career - game designer/tester. Something that is both creative and can entertain/amuse/make people's lives better.

Afraid to do? Fail, or fail to live up to my expectations of myself. Because I know I'm good at what I do, I'm smart and capable - so if I slack off, it's failing myself.

We'd love to read more from you, Punky - this was always one of my favorite blogs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home