Thursday, November 15, 2007

three things I've learned

1. When it comes to love, no amount of effort on my part can cause someone to increase effort on theirs.

2. When your Mom leaves you standing naked in the empty tub at the age of 3 to go and answer the phone, you don't have to just stand there and wait for her to return (15 minutes later). You can:

a) scream at the top of your lungs until she comes back
b) climb out of the tub and wrap yourself in a warm fluffy towel
c) while still naked, walk over to your Mom (who is still on the phone) and with arms crossed and toes tapping tell her "we need to talk, lady!"

Knowing that there are options other than "waiting" is the greatest ah-ha of my adult life.

3. All my limitations have always been self-imposed. I'm getting out of the tub.

4 Comments:

At 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Methinks there be a substantial backstory to this post.

 
At 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

{envisioning Punky standing naked in the tub 31 years later}

 
At 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, I'll be a gentleman . . . you've already wrapped the warm fluffy Egyptian cotton towel around you, with a second towel wrapped around your hair in a big turban. But you missed a spot with the razon, it's there on you right calf.

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger Higgy said...

I'm no gentleman - I've got the same vision going....

Although, in my head, it's the LEFT calf...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home